April 3, 2007

Fuzzy

I've come down with a cold and my head is fuzzier than a mohair angora blend. Given this state, I'm afraid the best I can do today is a random, list-style post.

A) Thank you so much for all of the wonderful tips, suggestions, and advise about pattern writing. I really appreciate the input. All of it was very helpful. You people are smart!

B) I finished the item necessitating the aforementioned tips and delivered it to my friend. She loved it. Yay!

C) I kept very detailed notes and, using your suggestions, I could actually write those notes up into a pattern. However, I'm going to keep working on it. The delivered FO holds "prototype" status. I'm going to make a few more. There are some things I want to do a little differently. I'd also like to come up with some alternative detailing. And I need to work out the different sizes.

D) Since then, I strung these beads onto this yarn (Debbie Bliss Pure Silk, Ecru)



The following picture is a more accurate representation of the beads.



I've been playing around, flipping through the stitch dictionaries and trying to incorporate the beads into various stitches. I'm not sure what I'm trying to accomplish. I'm just trying to find something I like which will speak to me and tell me what it wants to be. (A beaded handbag? Knitted jewelry? A beaded edging to a scarf or sweater?) I haven't gotten anything yet. Instead, all the knitting, frogging and sliding of beads up and down the yarn is pretty much just destroying that first length of silk. Sigh.

E) Round three of Sock Madness begins tomorrow sometime between 4am and 9am PST. It's a good thing I'm out of the running already. If I weren't I'd be real tempted to wake up at 4am to wait for the pattern. That would be very bad for getting over this stupid cold. Also...

F) I shouldn't spend too much time knitting tomorrow because I have to get ready to go out of town for Easter. We leave Friday morning. I have tomorrow to do laundry and pack because work is going to have me completely tied up on Thursday.

G) Here at casa de Golden Purl, we've been having fun with the I am in your base killing your d00ds-genre of captioned animal pictures. Steve started it over at Big Action!.



Sadie and her friend Cohen on a play-date. They were too wild in the house, so we put them in the yard. Then they just sat, steaming up the French doors, whining to come back inside. It was quite cute. Of course, in this picture, they look like earth-bound minions of Cerberus.



This adorable, Beagle puppy is Daisy. She belonged to a neighbor back in our pre-Sadie, apartment dwelling days. She had us completely wrapped around her little paw. Look at da giant ears! You totally would bring her treats, too.

H) I think I'm done. Thanks for tolerating the disjointed post.