March 21, 2007

Comments

There's been a lively discussion today at And She Knits Too! and January One about the relationship between blogging and comments. It was interesting for me to examine my own feelings on the subject as well as to hear what other people had to say. I may write more about that later, but that's not really the point of this post.

The point of this post is that since the very first comment I received (Hi Mayrav!), I have not been entirely happy with the basic Blogger comment system. I didn't like that I was unable to reply to most of the comments I got. And should my commenter have a blog of her/his own, I would only know it if it was a Blogger blog.

Coincidentally, today I saw a tip Pacalaga gave over in the Sock Madness discussion pool. She's a Blogger blogger (heh) who uses HaloScan for her comments. From what she said, it sounded like HaloScan would be a comment service I would find more satisfying than Blogger's.

So I loaded that HaloScan bad boy up.

Only now I see that in doing so, I've lost the previous comments I had through Blogger. Well, they're not showing here anymore. But they're not lost entirely, because I still have every one of them in my e mail.

I love getting comments. Thank you to everyone who's left me a comment. I have enjoyed and appreciated every one of them. I'm sad those comments no longer show here, but I hope that HaloScan will be better going forward.

And thank you to everyone who takes time out of her/his day to read what I write here. I feel incredibly honored that you would spend your time with me. Whether you comment or not, I really appreciate that you stopped by.

Now, because I'm risking getting too sentimental, I'm going to fall back on the safety of a Simpson's quote to wrap this all up.

"Thank you, come again."
- Apu Nahasapeemapetilon