August 4, 2007

Contest

Forgive me friends, for I have been slacking off. It's been three weeks since my last post. But I'm about to make it up to you with a contest. Prizes and all.

Today is my six month blogiversary. Later this month, Chris and I celebrate our four year wedding anniversary. These two dates are the inspiration for my contest.

I want to hear what dates are important to YOU.

But before I get into the details, let's look at the prizes.

First Place: Two skeins of Claudia Handpainted (enough for a pair of socks) in Jungle colorway. One set of Knit Picks DPN's US 1 (2.25mm). One zippered pouch, the perfect size to hold DPN's.

Second Place: One skein of Cherry Tree Hill Supersock (enough for a pair of socks) in Peacock colorway. One zippered pouch, the perfect size to hold DPN's.


Third Place: One skein of Wisdom Yarns (enough for a pair of socks) in Los Angeles colorway.

There is also a Grand Prize, which can only be won under a special set of circumstances. Keep reading for details.

Here's the rundown:

1. Leave me a comment telling me a date which is important to you. I'd love to hear the significance of the date but you don't have to share, if you don't want to. It can be any date you want but you must include month and day (August 4th, for example). It's not necessary to include a year, though you're certainly welcome to do so, especially if it enhances the story. By leaving me a comment with a date, you get entered into the random prize drawing. Please tell me just ONE date. Don't worry though, there are ways to get your name entered multiple times in the drawing.

2. When you're leaving your comment and there's that box that asks for your e mail address, please be sure to include your correct e mail address. Only I can see it and if you don't include it, I won't have any way of contacting you should you win. I will post the winners to this here blog, but I'd like to be able to contact you directly, too.

3. If you link to my contest on your blog, send me an e mail (jeanroosevelt AT yahoo DOT com) with a link to your post and I'll enter you a second time into the drawing.

4. Each time someone tells me you sent them, I'll enter you again into the drawing.

5. This contest is open for the rest of August. I'll do the drawing in early September.

6. For the Grand Prize, I have in mind a specific month and day combination. (It's not my wedding anniversary, by the way. Just in case you thought you were ahead of the game and already knew the month.) If your significant date is this month day combo, you win the Grand Prize. If more than one person uses this date, I will do a random drawing from those few people. The Grand Prize is one skein of Jade Sapphire 6-ply Mongolian Cashmere (100% Cashmere) in Autumn Sonata colorway. If no one mentions the special date, I suppose I'll just have to suck it up and keep the cashmere for myself.

Grand Prize: Mmmm...Cashmere.

Game on!

ETA: Contest is now closed